The Materials Research Society (MRS) held the webinar Material Science for Quantum Computing recently, and it is available on demand now. The moderator was Bob Braughler (MRS) and the introduction was given by Vincenzo Lordi from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories (LLNL). The talk topics and speakers included:
- Atomic-precision advanced manufacturing for Si quantum computing by Ezra Bussmann.
- Novel Characterization of the Quantum States of Single-Spin Qubits (revised to Novel Characterization of Donor Qubits in Silicon) by Benoit Voisin.
- Characterization and Control of Diamond Surfaces for Qubits and Novel Materials probes by Shimon Kolkowitz.
All the talks were interesting and informative. Slides for the talks were not available but the following references were provided.
- A silicon-based nuclear spin quantum computer, B.E. Kane, Nature (1998)
- Single-shot readout of an electron spin in silicon, Morello et al., Nature (2010)
- Realization of Atomically Controlled Dopant Devices in Silicon, F.J. Ruess, M.Y. Simmons, et al. Small (2007)
- Exchange in Silicon-Based Quantum Computer Architecture, U of Maryland: B. Koiller, X. Hu, S. das Sarma, Phys. Rev. Lett. (2001)
- A two-qubit gate between phosphorus donor electrons in silicon, CQC2T: Y. He, S.K. Gorman, D. Keith, L. Kranz, J.G. Keizer, M.Y. Simmons, Nature (2019)
- A surface code quantum computer in silicon, CQC2T: C.D. Hill et al., Science Adv. (2015)
- The impact of stochastic incorporation on atomic-precision Si:P arrays, Sandia: J.A. Ivie et al. ArXiV (2021)
- Silicon quantum electronics, F. A. Zwanenburg et al., Reviews of Modern Physics (2013) - An intro to Si quantum computing
- Donor Spins in Silicon for Quantum Technologies , Morello, J.J. Pla, P. Bertet, D.N. Jamieson, Advanced Quantum Technologies (2020) - In-depth review on atomic spin qubits in Si
- Roadmap on quantum nanotechnologies, Laucht et al., Nanotechnology (2020)
- Materials challenges and opportunities for quantum computing hardware, N. P. de Leon et al., Science (2021) - Broad review of QC materials challenges
- Interfacing spin qubits in quantum dots and donors—hot, dense, and coherent, L. M. K. Vandersypen et al., npj Quantum Info (2017) - Ideas on how Si spin QC could eventually work